Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

South island travel tips

By Guest

Posted on: November 16, 2008 at 8:51PM

Recommendations: 1) go spring or fall to avoid crowds 2) best restaurant: a.Hopgoods, Nelson b.San Souci, Pohara 3) best places to stay: a. Milford Sound Chalets (rain or shine) b. Rock 'n Rata Lodge: private 2 story cottage on farm with private entrance , centrally located to sites in Golden Bay 4)Best places to see fur seals: a Akaroa south peninsula walk at low tideb. off road north of Kaikoura 5)favorite vineyards: Huia and Neudorf 6)favorite walks- there are no bad ones. Each town provides a list of walks ranging from 10 minutes to 4 days. Be prepared for rain. Pickup copy of "walk tasman" for northwest areas. a.waharariki beach b.Gillespie Beach c.Rob Roy d. The grove scenic reserve e. Lake matheson f. Wainui Bay to Separation Point 7) favorite food: green tip mussels 8) favorite tours; milford sound (mitre peak tour) and farewell spit (red bus) 9) itinerary: christchurch, arthurs pass, wanaka, milford, queenstown fly to Nelson, Takaka, Renwick, Kaikoura, Akaroa, Christchurch report a problem

You are posting a reply to South island travel tips

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions