Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By TrishaC

Posted on: September 04, 2009 at 3:47PM

Absolute must see are Milford Sound & Doubtful Sound, both uniquely different & spectacular. Although I usually prefer to drive myself, I highly recommend the tour bus from Lake Te Anau or Queenstown. Great funny & informative drivers enable you to relax & enjoy amazing scenery. In October (cool Spring) over 2 hours we drove through beautiful countryside & farms in sunshine, then snowfall through incredible steep cliffs & mountains, then a very old beech rainforest before arriving at the beautiful deep Milford Sound where we went out on the boat for a day trip. Incredible! Then we went to Doubtful Sound on an overnight cruise. Staff were so passionate about their work, food was good - kayaked in an amazing lagoon where the boat anchored in the evening, lay on the deck under the vast universe of stars at night for awhile, following day the boat headed out to the edge of the ocean with a huge school of dolphins darting alongside & under the boat. Saw penguins and seals. TIP: This is some trip & I highly recommend you do both Sounds. Many people only do one thinking they would be the same but they are not... AND..make sure you take insect repellent - it is a must for the tiny sandflies. report a problem

You are posting a reply to A Must Do Trip!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions