Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Oregon Coastal Retreat

By Guest

Posted on: October 12, 2008 at 5:13PM

Yahoo for Yachats (pronounced YAH-HOTS)! Who could have figured that a hotel/resort in this small Oregon coast village would turn out to be the “it would have been a shame to have missed this place” in a whole gorgeous coastline of scenic locales. We happened upon Yachats after traveling from Portland via Highway 26 (the Sunset Highway) and then the Pacific Coastal Highway 101 south. Yachats is approximately 158 miles from Portland so this was the third night on our coastal trip. Allow plenty of time for the many twists and turns and photo op stops afforded along this scenic journey. And stay at Overleaf Lodge. You will be in for a treat. I can’t say enough about fabulous Overleaf Lodge located one mile north of the village of Yachats. It is beautiful inside and out with dramatic views of the rocky shores from every room. My husband and I and my brother and sister-in-law stayed in the Sunset Suite, and it was a steal at $113 each couple. We had two separate rooms: a large king bedroom with private spa-like bathroom on the east, and ocean front a queen hide-a-bed, tiled bath, fully furnished kitchenette, gas fireplace, and flat screen TV. Cozy luxurious robes were provided for another touch of luxurious pampering. Our first floor suite with covered porch was just steps away from an old Chinook Indian path offering safe but exhilarating up close and personal connections with ocean spray, sneaker waves, blow holes, and that breathtaking coastline. We were overjoyed to see dozens of gray whale while walking along this path and from inside our suite as well. And the sunset over that beautiful ocean, we’ll never forget! Lighting along the property’s shoreline allowed us to continue to enjoy views of the basalt rocks and continuous sprays from the tide long after dark. The rhythm of the crashing waves just outside our door lulled us reluctantly to sleep. Overleaf Lodge is a delight inside as well. In addition to the private suite, the pet free, nonsmoking facility has free use of spa facilities including a soaking pool and hot tub overlooking the ocean, steam room and saunas. A welcoming library with buttery soft leather furniture, abundant reading materials and adjoining computer room provide a cozy retreat. A delicious breakfast with a wide variety of egg dishes, fresh baked products, cereals, fruits, juices, and coffee are complimentary. Abundant activities are available in the area with agate hunting and tide pool exploration opportunities, and several lighthouses (Heceta Head Lighthouse, one of the most photographed in the world is located only 14 miles south). Just remember to allocate enough time for Overleaf Lodge and its surroundings. It will be a memory making retreat. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Oregon Coastal Retreat

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions