Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY

By Sincerely_NeL

Posted on: August 26, 2009 at 3:04AM

Don't let the name decieve you. It's not always sunny in the Sunshine State. Stay away from the theme parks during the summer months because the weather can change at the drop of a hat. My family and I visited Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in June and had rather a dissapointing time. The day began bright and sunny, warm with no humidity but throughout the day, several sporatic "thunder storms" came and went. The park shuts down all or most of the outside rides such as the big, thrilling, rollercoasters if the sky looks a just little grey. Even if there isn't any rain or lightning, they close the rides down and you really don't know when or if they're going to reopen. Then everybody at the park hordes the lines for all the indoor attractions as a result. Now you've spent $80 to wait in line on a soggy day... But if you do go to Universal Studios, take the time to wait in line for "Spider-man 3D". It is the best ride in the entire park. The ride isn't like sitting in front of a giant screen, putting on 3D glasses and jumping back when a dinosaur pops out of the screen. This ride truly puts you into the line of fire along side Spidey as he fights against foes like the Green Goblin. Explosions from one of the Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs and swinging between buildings like Spidey does all felt extremely real for a theme park attraction. This ride does not disappoint and was worth the soggy day at the park. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Rain, Rain, GO AWAY

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions