Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Renting an Apartment

By Guest

Posted on: September 16, 2008 at 11:02AM

Hotel prices in Paris have gotten so out of control, so the last time I visited I decided to rent an apartment instead. A friend of a friend of a friend owns a great two-bedroom apartment in the 7th arrondissement, very closex to the Eiffel Tower: http://ourparishome.com. It was beautifully furnished, with a large eat-in kitchen, two comfortable bedrooms, two (tiny) bathrooms, and a nice sitting area with satellite TV, phone (free calls to the States) and WiFi - plenty of room and comfort for myself, my partner, and my mother-in-law. The location was terrific: walking distance to the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides, close to Metro stops, and a lovely neighborhood in itself. I spent a semester in Paris back in college, and it was fabulous to relive that lifestyle: pick up some croissants to have with coffee in the morning, buy a bottle of wine and some cheese on the way back from sightseeing (one of Paris's great market streets, Rue Cler, is a couple blocks away), and retreat to your chic Parisian home. The best part? The price: $625 a night in high season, which is a phenomenal deal when your party is more than two. (It's less in low season, and there is a minimum stay requirement). And it's priced in dollars, so you don't have to worry about fluctuations in the euro. This is only one suggestion - there are plenty of other apartments for rent in Paris - but it's a great way to not only save money but to immerse yourself in the culture of a city. report a problem

Posted on: October 07, 2008 at 3:25PM

I just came back from a trip to Europe and we rented an apartment in Paris. It was the best thing we did. We loved the area that we were in (didn't feel touristy at all), there was a street market almost every day where you could get fresh fruits, cheeses, meats, etc. and it was near the Metro and RER. And the price was reasonable for 4 people ($100 per person per night) when you consider how expensive hotel rooms can be. It was great to have a common area to hang out in after a long day of sight seeing. They spared no expense in renovating the apt. And to top it all off, our apt had a wrap-around balcony with a view of the Eiffel Tower! We stayed in this apt: http://www.cobblestay.com /rue_mouffetard_18.php. One of my favorite memories of the trip was getting some fresh baguettes, cheese, macaroons and some Kronenbourgs and hanging out on the balcony as dusk settled in and the Eiffel Tower lit up. Fabulous! I highly recommend it.

You are posting a reply to Renting an Apartment

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions