Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Visiting Versailles

By Guest

Posted on: October 09, 2008 at 9:43PM

When planning a trip to Versailles, everyone usually remembers to bring their camera you MUST remember to have full battery and be prepared to take many pictures. The best way to enjoy Versailles is to prepare for a small picnic on the grounds. There are some places to buy food but selection is limited and a little more expensive then you could find outside Versailles. The tour inside the palace can be as long as 3 hours or more depending on how much you want to see and how many pictures you want to take, so you can end up staying at Versailles for the day. There are many more buildings on the property including the Trianon. You will want to see everything you can when you visit so be sure to check prices beforehand for day passes. Be sure to bring change as you need to pay to use some of the restrooms. There are also many souvenir shops on the property so prepare for those. The best times to visit are during the weekend as more areas of the palace are open during this time. If you have the option to bring along the audioguide, please do! At some point, I can almost guarantee that you will have questions or will want more information and the audioguide is extremely interesting and helpful. The opportunity to visit Versailles is like no other and you will be blown away by the opulence and extravagance of it all. When visiting Paris, every tourists needs to find the time to visit Versailles! Must see place of beauty. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Visiting Versailles

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions