Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Walk one of the oldest areas in Paris - truely beautiful!

By Guest

Posted on: October 09, 2008 at 9:09PM

To see one of the oldest and most beautiful streets in Paris, you have to get off at Odeon Metro stop (line 10). Not only is this considered the Latin Quarter in Paris but it is a place where anyone would be happy to be lost in the streets. The small street you are looking for is not clearly marked and is missed by most that walk by Ė unless you know itís there. Coming out of the metro, you will find yourself on an island with streets on either side of you. To the right there are multiple car lanes and to the left a taxi and bus lane (a pharmacy, Snack Time and movie theatre are on this side of the street). You want to walk to the right and should find yourself in front of Indiana restaurant. There is a small alleyway next to this restaurant and this is the road you want to walk on! If you happen to be in heels, BE CAREFUL! After walking through this small street you may find yourself in another world... Fewer tourists, some of the oldest buildings, and fantastic restaurants and shops are here. Turn out of the alleyway to the left and visit Amorino, a gelato boutique that is a must for everyone! Worth every calorie and better then every bit of ice cream I (as well as anyone else who has accompanied me) have ever tried. Donít forget your camera; you will want pictures of this beautiful area. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Walk one of the oldest areas in Paris - truely beautiful!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions