Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Paris Metro - "Money Saving Passes"

By GBarbulescu

Posted on: October 14, 2008 at 2:37PM

If you plan to use public transportation extensively, you may find it worthwhile to buy one of these passes: 1.) Mobilis is a pass for one calendar day. The price depends on the zones where you intend to travel; if you plan to stay within the city, a Zone 1 pass is all you need. 2.) Paris Visite is a tourist pass valid for one, two, three, or five calendar days. Again, the price depends on how many zones you need. Children from 4 to 11 pay half-price (kids 4 and under are free), and the card offers discounts on boat cruises and certain other tourist attractions. 3.) The Carte Orange, which requires a passport photo, is used mostly by locals. The weekly or carte hebdomadaire pass runs from Monday to Sunday, and the monthly or carte mensuelle pass is good for one calendar month. READ AND HEED: If you but the Carte Orange pass, MAKE SURE THE TICKET AGENT gives you the plastic holder that's suppose to come with the ticket and have a passport photo with you. ADDITIONAL TIP: You can get a correct sized photo at any photo booths at the airport and also in metro stations. I was not aware that the plastic holder/passport photo was MANDATORY (even though we asked the ticket agent what was needed to use this pass). The Paris Metro Police will make "spot checks" in the metros and you must have a valid metro ticket for your current trip. The Paris Metro Police stopped us and asked for the plastic holder / passport photo. Since there were two of us without the plastic holder/passport photo we were fined a total of 40 EUROS EACH, CASH ONLY, which was about $110 U.S. dollars. The fine had to be paid ON THE SPOT! The Carte Orange pass is a money saver just make sure you have the plastic holder and passport photo. You can buy Mobilis, Paris Visite, and Carte Orange at major Métro stations, RER stations, and railroad stations in the Ile-de-France region, including those at Paris airports. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Paris Metro - "Money Saving Passes"

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions