Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Paris in the Winter

By Guest

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 8:41PM

When most people think of France, whether they have been there or not, their first thought is generally of spring, when the blooms are coming in, the sky is blue and the sun is just bright enough to warm your face as you admire all that is around you. Not many people we know would venture into this great city in the dead of winter, yet we did and to this day have yet to experience anything quite as beautiful. When there are no leaves on the trees, it is amazing the details in the architecture that you see that normally would be covered by green leaves. Notre Dame was a completely different experience in the winter. As it turns out, we happened on noon mass on Christmas Day. Since it was Christmas, the white lights throughout the city were simply magical. I encourage all of you to brave the cold and see Paris in winter, specifically the holiday season, because really you never feel the cold as you are so entranced with this magnificent city. report a problem

Posted on: August 27, 2009 at 5:36AM

i must say that i agree with betsy0724 about paris in the winter...i took a trip there with my daughter and had warned her about the legendary rudeness of parisians..however this was not to be case as we travelled there just before the New Year ..i guess a lot of parisians were " en vacances" because of the Christmas season so everybody we encountered was cheerful and helpful....also the places we went to visit (except for the Louvre) were not crowded in comparison with summer crowds... the weather stayed good ...on the whole mostly crisp and cold with a slight breeze ..in other words perfect walking weather and paris is a perfect city to walk around ...even the waiters in the restaurant on the Champs Elysees were almost friendly ...i was so impressed that when i returned home i told everybody i knew that this was the almost perfect short break!

You are posting a reply to Paris in the Winter

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions