Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Monemvasia Vs. Concierge Editors

By Guest

Posted on: October 25, 2010 at 6:43AM

Making sweeping remarks that Monemvasia is a tourist trap without hard facts is not only unprofessional, but bad media management. This gross misjudgment is uncalled for - especially from a media hub as yours. In the very least, if you believe this claim to be true, please provide explanations and include other similarly labelled destinations. Monemvasia is not a tourist trap, not even by a long shot. It happens to be one of the most remarkable locations preserving Byzantine architecture and history - it is protected by the Archaeological Society of Greece with every building inside the fortress walls built according to the Byzantine era - providing visitors with a unique and magnificent architectural monument that is alive as opposed to ruins. Monemvasia is a unique location as one can actually live inside the historical fortress walls. Indeed, many among the international elite hold homes there. These include novelists, academics, industrialists and diverse cultural elite from many countries such as France, Germany, England, Holland and the US. The swarms of buses, cruise ships and independent travellers from all corners of the world MAKE it a tourist destination. I dont know what sort of tourist trap you claim Monemvasia to be, but surely you are up against many who would disagree with such a label. For someone who has travelled to more than 60 countries and countless destinations, your assertion is reprimandable to the point of being labelled slander. Not only would I like to see your @tip@ removed from the site, but I would also like to hear a response from the editorial management of Concierge and Conde Nast as to how such a claim was approved. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Monemvasia Vs. Concierge Editors

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions