Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By 090133jw

Posted on: March 02, 2009 at 11:21AM

Anybody have some practical advice for a 1st time visitor to Peru?  I'm going May 11-15, 09 to Cuzco, Macchu Picchu, & the Sacred Valley.  I'm using  a tour company for the hotels, tours, transportation, etc. I've scoured the usual travel guides and think I'm ready to go, but would like some tips from someones who has been there and knows the inside track on things. Thank you. Jack W. report a problem

Posted on: January 31, 2013 at 3:02PM

Hello Jack! You've made a great choice choosing to go to Peru on vacation - it's an awesome place to visit! One of my favorite places we went was a lodge in Puerto Maldonado (the lodge was called Refugio Amazonas), if you have any extra time I'd highly suggest going there! For a full itinerary of what I did, you can check out http://travelingponytail.blogspot.com/2013/01/trip-guide-peru.html

Posted on: June 01, 2010 at 10:36PM

Hi Jack W. How was your trip with a tour company? I am in the preliminary stages of planning and research and I am not sure if my husband and I should go it alone or do a tour. We are seasoned travelers, however neither of us have been to South America. Appreciate any advice.

You are posting a reply to Peru trip May 09

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions