Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By RoseMarieBrown13

Posted on: October 31, 2008 at 1:45PM

Portugal is as beautiful as Italy, with its beautiful coastline by the sea--so similar to the Amalfi Coastline. The people are very friendly and loved our grandson with his blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Most restaurants and hotels had menus in both Portuguese and English, and many of the Portuguese people were eager to help with translations. These are a very intelligent people who are proud of their country and glad to share its beauty. It is not as "touristy" as the major cities in Italy, having more cobblestoned streets and narrow alleyways lined with real Portuguese items and foods. Italy has more ruins and art than Portugal, but we will be very happy to return to both countries as soon as possible. Finally, the worst airline we have ever experienced is Iberia--rude , unfriendly flight attendants and dirty toilets and food trays. When I opened my tray, it was covered with a sticky substance so I asked to have it wiped off. An hour later I asked for a cloth to clean it myself so I could use it and was then told the attendant didn't have time to clean trays since it was time to serve dinner. She brought my food and my tray wasn't in the down position so she told me to put it down for the food. I did and showed her the dirty tray again and said I didn't want the food tray put on it until it was cleaned. She rudely plopped my food on the serving cart, pulled out a wet cloth, and dropped it on my tray. I cleaned the tray myself and she practically threw the food on the tray. I have never been treated so rudely on a flight. When we returned home, I tried to contact Iberian Airlines to report the problem but was unable to find a way to report these problems. Also, AVOID THE MADRID AIRPORT AT ALL COSTS!!!! Our luggage was lost there on the way to Lisbon AND on the way home!! Our flight from Lisbon was late so we missed our flight From Madrid to New York. For 3 hours we were shuffled from one line to another by terribly rude attendants who only seemed to help Spanish speaking travelers. When we were sent to the same line where we had started and were again told to go away, a man with a German accent came out and immediately took over and helped us. Of course, due to the time lost in the lines, we also missed the next flight to New York and had to wait another 8 hours to get out of that horrible experience. Even the food workers were extremely unfriendly. When speaking to other non-Spanish travelers, we all agreed that we would NEVER go through the Madrid airport again. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Portugal

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions