Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: October 24, 2008 at 1:48PM

On arrival at the efficient Prague airport we were greeted by a driver from the hotel in a luxury jeep and whisked off to the hotel(about a 25 minute ride).This was a great stress-free way to arrive. We were shown around the hotel: a rather baroque,slightly over the top central European fantasy. Our room was a Junior Suite which consisted of a large bedroom/living area with original wooden beams/glass chandelier and gorgeous king sized bed as well as a lovely marble bathroom. The only down side was the view out the window:a narrow side street. Part of the package were spa treatments for my partner and I:we opted for the couple massage.Both of us were treated to exquisite body massages from two of the lovely Balinese ladies working there.Afterwards,we relaxed in the spa with its small pool,sauna and steam room.The pool area has a beautiful Chinese bed to relax/fall asleep in . The pool also has great waterfall/air jets which can be requested to be put on by the helpful pool staff. Also,with the package came a 100 euro voucher towards a diner in the hotel's Aquarius Restaurant.We opted for the rather wonderful 7 course tasting menu:a nice little bit of everything! After choosing wine,i think the bill only came to an extra 40. Again,the service and staff were exemplary:you felt that you were dining in the Central Europe of the '30s(service-wise). (in fact,the staff were the most efficient/polite I've found in a hotel for a VERY long time). The hotel itself is in a great location:just enough away from the main tourist drag to be quiet but as Prague centre is rather small still easy enough to walk to all the main points of interest. Surprisingly,Prague was pretty quiet considering it was August. Restaurant staff told us that the weakness of the dollar and the credit crunch was really affecting the tourist industry there.Sad for Prague BUT great for us ! For our departure,once again,we were driven to the airport in the jeep and arrived at a VERY quiet Prague airport for our trip home. This was one EASY 3 night getaway! Prague Insider Tips: 1)Walk EVERYWHERE ! You'll never see one bad piece of architecture 2)Visit St Vitas Cathedral (the one place that did have queues) in the Prague Castle complex early in the morning. 3)Go to Wallenstein Palace/Gardens(only 5 mins walk from the hotel) 4)Take a walk to Pirin Park and have a beer in the cafe there with a great view of the city below you. 5)Go to the Jewish Quarter and see the cemetry(over 12,000 tombstones in a small area all built up on one another). Visit the museum there that displays poignant artworks drawn by Jewish children during the Holocaust. Read the endless murals of names of those lost in the Holocaust. 6)Have a beer in the Old Square and watch the world go by ! Na Zdravi ! report a problem

Posted on: October 29, 2008 at 10:13AM

oh dear! I forgot to put the hotel's name!! Here it is : The Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa http://www.alchymisthotel.com/

Posted on: October 29, 2008 at 7:22AM

Wonderful and very helpfull travel note. Which hotel did you stay when you were in Prague? I am thinking to go there this december.

You are posting a reply to Prague Paradise

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions