Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Swimming in the bioluminescent bay in Vieques

By charlotte524

Posted on: October 20, 2008 at 11:36AM

There are tours to several different sites to see the bioluminescent waters. Two of them you can kayak to. They do not recommend swimming in the water. However, there is an excursion you can book through East Island Excursions, Inc. going to Vieques to swim in the bay. They gave us drinks and a boat ride to Vieques. We eat at a local restaurant at Mosquito Bay that had great food. Then we took a bumpy bus ride to the bay, boarded an elctric motor boat to the swimming spot. The tour was very informative about the micro-organisms and other wildlife in the bay. You could actually see the fish swimming in the water at night. We seen a stingray swim by the boat. Then we all jumped into the water. It was awesome to see the water light up around you. I could see my legs underwater. This is the only spot you can actually swim in. This is a must see and do while in Puerto Rico. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Swimming in the bioluminescent bay in Vieques

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions