Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Causion with car rental in Puerto Rico!

By charlotte524

Posted on: October 23, 2008 at 11:40AM

We rented through Payless car rental in Puerto Rico. Before we went there, I called to make sure my insurance company covered my rental car in Puerto Rico. They told me I was covered under our policy. I also called Payless to make sure I had what I needed for the rental. They told me since my insurance covered the car all I had to do was decline the coverage at the counter. When we got there, the man behind the counter asked about the insurance. We told him we checked with our insurance company, and we were covered. Therefore, we wanted to decline the additional coverage. He then wanted a statement from the insurance company saying they covered car rental in Puerto Rico. It was Sunday, so the insurance company was closed. All we could reach was a claims department. If we did no provide him with proof of coverage for Puerto Rico, we could not rent the car. It cost us more for the insurance per day, then the car rental. So before renting, get proof from your insurance company that they cover rental in Puerto Rico. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Causion with car rental in Puerto Rico!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions