Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Rincon Surf and Sun

By onering2rule

Posted on: November 02, 2008 at 2:35PM

If you go to Puerto Rico than one of the smartest things you can do is get as far away from San Juan as possible. Not that San Juan is bad, it is just that there is so much charm in some of the smaller towns around the island. Rincon is by far my favorite place in Puerto Rico. It has surf, snorkeling and whale watching. You name it and it has it. The good surf has brought in a good mix of Americans and English speakers as well as other people from around the world. Late at night bonfires will pop up on the beaches and if you are invited into one of these parties it will be by far your most memorable moment in Puerto Rico. The people are charming and fun loving but they surfers don't like newbies out hogging their good waves. However, many are willing to help you learn and will tell you were it is a good place to practice and get good. The food is best when you find a little bed and breakfast that serves but don't underestimate a road side stand. Everything is a little bit cheaper here, we found a pastry shop were every morning we bought a big pastry and a Mr. Pibb for less than a dollar. Another great thing about Rincon is you are with in driving distance from El Yunque, the Bioluminescent Bay in Vieques and horseback riding on survival beach. You just can't get all in a few days, spend a week or more so you can also take in the lazy lifestyle that so many of the locals enjoy. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Rincon Surf and Sun

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions