Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By dzinck

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 10:58AM

Can anyone help with hotel advice? Leaving from Puerto Rico on a cruise in March. Plan on arriving in Puerto Rico a couple of days before we sail. Can anyone recommend a hotel that would not be to far from airport/cruise terminal? report a problem

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 7:35PM

My husband and I stayed at several hotels just before and after our cruise which departed from San Juan as well. We liked the Sheraton Old San Juan, roof top pool and views were breath-taking, the rooms were great and the staff was nice. It was perfect for on foot sightseeing. We also stayed at La Concha, just outside of San Juan. It was a resort like atomosphere, beautiful pools, on the beach (highly reccommend the beach view room) good food in their restaurant--albeit a bit expensive. Finally if you have time we stayed at the Rio Mar beach resort. The beach, pools, food, and location were great. We loved that we had the beach on one side and the rainforest on the other. It was wonderful and so easy to access the rainforest--quiet a sight to see! and ColleenFL is right about the cab fare in SJ. We ended up paying much more than our guidebook said to expect for a ride from the airport. Ask your airport for cab service to the port--much more cheap that way! Have fun!

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 3:50PM

If you want to be on the water, I recommend the Marriott Stellaris in the Condado area. The hotel is wonderful with a very helpful staff. The best part is the area is very walkable with a few restaurants and even a Walgreens across the street. It is also very close to the airport and old SJ is a short bus or cab ride away (take the bus, it's cheap & efficient and picks up one street away,drops off right in front of the hotel.) In my opinion the cabs are too expensive in SJ. If you want to stay in old SJ, which is very nice and very near where the ships dock (but you'd still want tot take a cab to the hotel if you are hauling luggage) and IF you can afford it, the Hotel El Convento can't be beat. I don't care for the Isla Verde area although there are lots of nice hotels there--it's just too crowded. One last thing, the Condado arear where the Marriott (and other hotels are) is located is NOT far from the crusie terminal--maybe a $20 cab ride.

You are posting a reply to Hotel

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions