Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Vieques, untouched paradise

By Guest

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 11:37PM

If you're ready to leave the hustle and bustle behind, the little island of Vieques just off the North East coast of Puerto Rico is where you are wanting to be! Untouched unspoiled Caribbean. There are up near 40 beautiful beaches around the island, each with it's own distinct personality. My personal favorite was named Media Luna. Each beach we visited was like our own personal private beach with not a soul in sight. Also while on Vieques, the worlds largest Bio-luminescent bay is a must see! It's a natural wonder unlike any thing I have ever seen and tough to put into words. Like swimming in the juice of a glow stick! There are a couple ways to travel to Vieques. A ferry boat leaving a couple times daily from Fajardo is the cheapest at $4.00 I believe. Or the alternative daily flights from San Juan at about $50 or so. We chose air travel due to the ease and quickness. A rental car is a must while on the island, and 4X4 is recommended as some of the best beaches are pretty far off the beaten path. All in all for a relaxing reset button for your soul and a step back to the Caribbean of the past Vieques is an absolute jewel :) You should go soon before it's discovered and over run with people and hotels.. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Vieques, untouched paradise

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions