56 miles of beach, and the most vibrant beach culture in the world
Nonstop party sounds, from samba shows to Carnaval bands
What To Skip
Spending too much time in Copacabana. Sadly, Rio's most famous area is also one of its most run-down.
What For:Beach + Island, Budget, Food + Wine, Nightlife
When To Go:January, February, December
Expert picks of the best places to stay in Rio de JaneiroSee all 13 Rio de Janeiro hotels ›
Planning A Trip?
Save hotel and restaurant reviews, amazing photos, and more great stuff from Concierge.com to your own personal Trip Plans. Learn More ›
Photossee all Rio de Janeiro photos ›
Browse our gallery of Rio de Janeiro images, or upload your own
- The cable... John Maier...
- Aztec in... By valen
- The Cristo... John Wang,...
- Ilha Grande... By bradleyrhoton
- The Christ... Ricardo...
- A Silver... By canadian_kevin
- Showing some... Lisa Limer,...
- Carnivale! By Guest
- Sunset along... Angelo...
- Sunset at... By sinwin
- At Bar do... Lisa Limer,...
- Sunset over... By landonjanderson
- A nighttime... Lisa Limer,...
- Corcavado... By sirajhuda
- A view from... Lisa Limer,...
- From Heaven... By thinker33
- Just another... Neil...
- 2016 Rio de... By tjs6577
- Few things... Coto...
- A silver... By canadian_kevin
Videossee all Rio De Janeiro videos ›
Articlessee all related articles ›
TweetThe holidays typically mean chestnuts roasting on an open fire,... more
from Concierge.com, 2011
World's Sexiest Beach Hotels
A nightclub named Passion. An infinity pool named Wet. Are the floor-to-ceiling... more
from Concierge.com, June 2010
Cities of the Future
There's nothing like a bleak and frugal present to get us all contemplating what... more
from Concierge.com, October 2009
Million Mile Contest Winners
We are thrilled to announce the winners of our Million Miles contest, in which... more
from Concierge.com, March 2009
World's Sexiest Bars
A truly sexy bar is hard to come by, and even harder to define. For starters, it... more
from Concierge.com, October 2008