Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: September 24, 2008 at 8:21AM

We will be in Rome for 3 days next month, staying in St Peter's Square. Any recommendations about must do and see in this short of a time? We will be taking a cruise from here and are not interested in renting a car for this short time. Thanks for your advice! report a problem

Posted on: September 30, 2008 at 9:05PM

i just got back from Rome with a group of four. We hired a private guide for a tour of the Vatican museum and the Sistine Chapel. It was completely worth the money at E60 an hour. It was pouring rain that day and the line snaked completely around the building. We skipped the line and went directly inside. Our guide was a art historian and kept us fascinated for four hours!

Posted on: September 25, 2008 at 5:03PM

To avoid staying in line for hours, better enter the vatican museum by lunch time (13 - 14). For the basilica, instead, it is advisable to show up there quite early, at 8 o'clock. Taking a city tour with the public bus line 110 is also a pretty good idea. Best regards, Claudio from Rome.

You are posting a reply to St Peter's Visit

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions