Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

How to beat the line at the Coliseum without paying substantial fees for 'beat the line' tickets you find for sale online

By Guest

Posted on: October 01, 2008 at 1:55AM

My boyfriend and I had one day in Rome and wanted to make the most of it. We managed to visit the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish steps, Vatican (both the Basilica AND the roof AND Sistine chapel). We wouldn't have been able to if we had to wait in those exorbitant lines at the Coliseum. We thought about buying those 'beat the line' tickets online, but companies that have them charge a premium--up to $50! What we did instead was booked regular admission tickets online without the 'beat the line' option and hoped for the best. When we got there, the line was HUGE, and this was at 9:30AM. Because we had prepaid tickets we went up to a ticket wicket with no line and got in the Coliseum within 30 seconds of walking into the Coliseum! So follow these steps and hopefully you'll have the same luck as us: 1. Buy admission tickets from a reputable resaler online. Google "coliseum entrance tickets" is a good way to start. 2. Print off your voucher 3. Find the ticket window with the sign that says, "prepaid tickets" or "online tickets". It should be just past the ticket windows that have a huge line of people buying their ticket day-of. 4. Present your printout, they will swap you with real tickets. 5. Enjoy the Coliseum! NOTE: Why not do this from your hotel room in Rome? ;) report a problem

Posted on: October 07, 2008 at 10:47AM

Find a guide just outside the Coliseum. He will take you on the most amazing tour of the palace grounds and comes with entry tickets to the Coliseum. After you 2 hour tour of the surrounding grounds he will walk you right into the Coliseum. All for around 8 Euro per person.

You are posting a reply to How to beat the line at the Coliseum without paying substantial fees for 'beat the line' tickets you find for sale online

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions