Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By h2ophoto

Posted on: October 09, 2008 at 7:33PM

I just got back from a fabulous trip to Rome. Mid Sept to Mid Oct is a perfect time to visit, the crowds are less and weather is great. Couple of tips: we opted to stay outside the City Center at a little B&B on Andrea Doria, 3 blocks from the Vatican and it was quiet and less touristy. The local "farmers market", for the lack of a better term is open on Andrea Doria for fresh food and street vendors ! We did NOT rent a car, as it is insane and costly, we simply got the metro pass called a CIS, which is good for 7 days and on the underground metro, all buses and some regional railways, it was a godsend. Although the exteriors of the metros have been defaced, the insides were impeccable, clean, on time and SAFE. Not once did I ever feel threatened or out of place. Another tip: there is FABULOUS restaurant near the Cipro Metro Station across from the church at the end of Via Candia right next to Millennium Gelato (Rick Steve's talks about it in his book) and for the life of me can't remember the name, but it was the best meal around !! All in all if you are careful and plan well, Rome doesn't have to be cost prohibitive! And did I mention the SHOPPING!! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Week in Rome

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions