Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Sistine Chapel - Skip the lines

By claraferrigno

Posted on: October 13, 2008 at 12:19PM

There is no need to book a Vatican Tour through an outside tour company for the sole purpose of avoiding lines. When I visited the Vatican last year, the line for the Musuem was over 2 miles long and at least 8 people deep. Having reserved tickets in advance via fax, our taxi left us at the musuem entrance, bypassing thousands of hot, tired, and agitated tourist. Security located our name on the appointment list and within 5 minutes, we were let through the revolving doors where we were able to purchase whatever tour interested us. We were assigned to an English speaking tour guide who told delightful stories and antidotes about the artists. The Vatican also offers private "after hours" tours for those who don't mind spending a small fortune for this opportunity. View the Vatican website for tour ticket information: http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Servizi_Visite.html . I corresponded through fax and received a positive reply within a week. If you are not sure of your daily itinerary, then think about booking a few different dates using your travel partners' names so you have some flexibility. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Sistine Chapel - Skip the lines

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions