Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Rome w/o a cab or transit

By Guest

Posted on: November 05, 2008 at 6:08PM

I have been to Rome at least 25 times. We have tried it all, but I have found that by staying around the Pantheon, we were in position to walk to all of the sights. For exampled: Pantheon to Piazza Navona - 5 minutes (casual walk) Piazza Navona to Trastevere - 15 minutes (casual walk) Trastevere to Vatican - 15 minute walk (casual walk) Pantheon to Trevi Fountain - 15 minutes (casual walk) Trevi Fountain to Spanish Steps - 15 minutes (casual walk) Spanish Steps to Via Veneto - 15 minutes. Pantheon to Piazza Venezia - 10 minutes (casual walk) Piazza Venezia to Forum - 15 minutes (casual walk) All of the walking tours are clearly marked and safe. Because they are high tourist areas, there is very visible police protection. Without having to take a cab, a leisurely walk was fantastic. There are plenty of restaurants and food stops along the way. If you don't feel like walking the 30 minutes to the Vatican. or to the Via Veneto, for only $12.00 you can cab it to either location and then casually walk back to the Pantheon area, stopping for lunch along the way. If you've never been to Rome, Staying in the heart of it gives you a much better appreciation of the city, and you will feel the life and pulse of the city and its people. This is a proven, tested way to see the best of Rome in a few short walks. report a problem

Posted on: November 10, 2008 at 12:21PM

We have done the same thing, and totally agree with your recommendation. We lived in the heart of Rome for three months, and staying near the Pantheon centralizes your ability to travel.

Posted on: November 10, 2008 at 3:52AM

god will take you 2 right time & place

You are posting a reply to Rome w/o a cab or transit

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions