Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

The Roma Pass and Roma&Piu Pass are Bargains!

By Guest

Posted on: November 22, 2008 at 4:12PM

Most visitors to Rome would benefit by purchasing the Roma Pass, a 3-day pass in partnership with some of the city's most popular sites and Metro system. The cost is 20 EUR, as of this writing, but will increase to 23 EUR in January 2009. Holders of the pass gain “free” entry to their first 2 sites, plus a discounted rate (usually 50% off) at visits to subsequent partner sites within the 3 days. (Obviously, visiting the most expensive sites first will grant the most benefit). Unlimited travel on Rome’s subways and buses is included for the 3 days. The Sites Pass and Metro Pass are 2 different tickets, and do not have to be used on the same days. In addition, cardholders are entitled to discounts at various cultural events. Visitors should be pleased to know that the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Forum are considered a combo-ticket and count as only one entry! Furthermore, a visitor would not have to visit all three on the same day, as the combo-ticket is good for 2 days (one entry per site), but the visits would need to take place within the 3-day validation of the Roma Pass. What’s more, Pass holders can go to the special line for ticket holders, and avoid the sometimes very long lines. In certain seasons, this could save hours of precious vacation time! Visitors who are planning to visit the outskirts of Rome, such as the Castelli Romani, the Etruscan necropolis at Cerveteri, or the enchanting medieval town of Bracciano, should consider the new Roma&Piu (Rome & More) Pass. The cost as of this writing is 25 EUR. It offers the same benefits for Rome mentioned above, but the Transportation Ticket includes an additional “travel zone” for the outlying areas and the Sites Pass includes certain sites within those areas. The Roma&Piu Pass, like the regular Roma Pass, expires at midnight of the 3rd day. The official website, http://www.romapass.it/?l=en, lists benefits and additional information. Passes can be purchased at Tourist Information Points throughout Rome, and also at FCO airport during hours of operation. On my last visit to Italy, I was surprised by the number of visitors who were unaware of this great deal! Needless to say, I have found both passes to be a real bargain and timesaver. report a problem

You are posting a reply to The Roma Pass and Roma&Piu Pass are Bargains!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions