Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Emma2206

Posted on: March 15, 2009 at 12:05PM

This March we,myself my husband and another couple went to visit Rome and Tuscany for the first time. A friend of mine had recommended renting a Villa or an apartment as the price would be either less than an hotel or at least the same but much more space and freedom. Plus having the advantage of living like a local, cooking and enjoying an evening in a real Italian home. Luckily having good friend that is Italian she recommended a place called togetherintuscany.it to help me with the travel plans. It saved me a lot of searching and headaches about renting a dump. Though this agency apparently is tiny and only 2 people work for it, I believe it really made the difference. I have heard horror stories about renting places that look nothing like the advertised pictures and rental agents just wanting to make their commissions. So of course, me being in charge of accommodations, made me anxious. But I was almost heartbroken each time we had to leave our wonderful Italian homes. In Tuscany we stayed at a 3 bedroom Villa in Cortona with the ABSOLUTE most stunning views, we couldn't ask for more. A lovely house, lovingly furnished and all around great. In Rome we stayed at an apartment just literally a minute from the busy Piazza Campo de'Fiori. We had a roof top terrace and the apartment was so comfy. The prices in Rome seemed a little on the heavy side,but after a LOT of research I learned that we would have not paid less at a somewhat decent 4 star hotel. In all the places we rented we ordered extra maid service mid week at reasonable extra price. But I truly believe this little rental agency, that actually is located in Italy, made all the difference to our trip. They were so helpful, and did not seem like they just wanted to make the sale. Gave lots of advise and helped with everything, rental cars, a cooking class and things to do and to see while we were there. Sorry about the praising the agency but I believe without them this trip had not been the success it was. Lovely people again, togetherintuscany.it report a problem

You are posting a reply to Rome experience

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions