Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Spanish Steps and long walks

By oscargrossman

Posted on: August 26, 2009 at 12:34PM

In Italian it’s Scalinata Spagna and it has beautiful views looking up from Piazza di Spagna. However, at the top is the beautiful Baroque church, Trinità dei Monti with Villa Medici, where Galileo stayed waiting to see the inquisitor, a short walk away. Walking is always fun in Rome, but climbing up those steps is not always a joy. My legs start to give out halfway up. I'd rather save myself for the important more informative walks. Therefore, take an elevator. It is on the side of the steps down in the piazza by the Metro entrance and takes you to the top. That way you can have enough stamina for the longer walk along Via Sistina to Palazzo Barberini. Then if you still have enough energy, thanks to the elevator, keep going along Via Barberini toward Via Umbria to Piazza Della Republica and Michaelangelo's most incredible Bascilica Santa Maria Degli Angeli built in the remains of the Baths of Diocletian. Moral of the story:, I'd rather take the elevator and save my strength to take in these marvelous walks. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Spanish Steps and long walks

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions