Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Best books beforehand?

By alisaunt

Posted on: January 06, 2010 at 4:25PM

My niece (16) and my sister/her mom (>16) will be spending about 8 days in Rome in April, with a group--lodging arranged, etc. But I wonder what the best books to give as a gift might be: Lonely Planet's Rome City Guide? They won't have a lot of time before the trip to "study" but I'd like to give something handy and fun, which would speak for Rick Steves "Rome 2010"... But there are so many! What's your suggestion? Thanks! report a problem

Posted on: March 04, 2010 at 1:42AM

The Blue Guide to Rome is very detailed with a emphasis on history, art and culture. Rick Steve's is great for letting you know what to expect when you get there, such as how to reach the city from the airport or train, dialing an international number, etc. But if you are looking for something handy and fun, I would consider Wallpaper* City Guide to Rome. Small enough to put in your pocket in a cute bright pink cover, it is easy to access what you are looking by the tabbed sections and the districts are color coded. It's a hip little book, ideal for a teenage niece!

You are posting a reply to Best books beforehand?

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions