Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Most Corrupt restaurant in Rome

By Guest

Posted on: October 07, 2010 at 7:12PM

As all of the other reviewers have stated in one form or another, the goal of this restaurant is to see how much money they can get out. Our bill was at least 40% higher than the normal bill for the same meal in the same restaurant. The ONLY way to protect yourself is to get them to right down the price of EVERYTHING you order in advance. Most importantly though, they will try to charge you TAX for your meal. In Italy, there is no separate tax. Tax is included in the meal. A couple of days after eating there, we happen to be passing by again, so I tricked the manger who was out front into telling me that everything was included in the price. He basically threatened me with bodily harm by saying, "You've got a pretty face" as in, go away if you don't want your face messed up. DANGER, DANGER, DANGER...STAY AWAY!!! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Most Corrupt restaurant in Rome

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions