Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By jumboallan

Posted on: October 27, 2008 at 5:10PM

An awesome boat experience in San Diego! We didn't realize it until we stayed at a downtown San Diego hotel and started looking around, but there are two huge America's Cup yachts right on the main downtown waterfront that you can have a hands-on sail with or even rent for your own group of friends. We were lucky enough to be there when the company had enough passengers to take both yachts out sailing and we then got to have an America's Cup race. We were on Dennis Conner's famous boat 'Stars & Stripes' and raced against a 2000 model yacht called "Abracadabra". The company is called "Dennis Conner's America's Cup Experience". We didn't see Dennis but we were told he lives in San Diego. There was an older gentleman on board that day with his son and in conversation it seemed the old fellow only had a few months to live. This particular trip was helping to fullfil one of his lifelong ambitions...in his "bucket list" I guess. He and his son seemed to have a wonderful day. The crew were very helpfull from assisting to get him on board, making him comfortable on a makeshift seat and chatting with him about what was happening throughout the entire trip. Apart from the race on these two huge yachts being a totally awesome adventure, it gave us just as much thrill to see how happy this old fellow was to be there with us all. A great credit to the crew for treating everybody to a wonderfull afternoon and huge memories. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Review

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions