Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Southern California Paradise - La Jolla

By Guest

Posted on: November 13, 2008 at 8:33PM

If you go to California, you must go visit San Diego in Southern California. There is a small seaside village called La Jolla. This is the paradise of paradise in California. The weather is absolutely gorgeous and it is by the ocean. Many tourists make a stop in La Jolla when they visit the west coast of the U.S. The streets of downtown La Jolla is lined with beautiful shops, award winning restaurants, and renowned art galleries. You can stroll down to the beach and watch the seals if you want to be close to nature, have a nice meal at the local restaurants with a ocean view, have a relaxed day at the spa, visit a state park, or fall in love with an exquisite piece of art. Last year I had an opportunity to go to La Jolla on a business trip with my wife. While I was busy talking to clients at the meeting, my wife and her sister who lives in San Diego spent a day in the village of La Jolla. They came across many art galleries, one specialized on musician related photography, I think it was called Morrison Hotel. I went there later and it was really quite interesting. However, one gallery that the ladies insisted that we guys go with them was Hallmark Fine Art Gallery, which they discovered while having an ice cream next door. We have never seen so many beautiful artwork all in one place. Our favorite artist was an Asian artist Hu Jundi who paints beautiful female portraits, we have never seen anything so beautiful. My wife said that he was "poetic" which I would normally not use to describe art, but she was absolutely right in this case. The ladies love the glass work by Jack Storms. I must say, they are quite amazing, I never knew glass could be such wonderful artistic expression. My brother-in-law ended up going home with a very cool pop art full of olives by Michael Godard. We have since been back a few times to La Jolla to broaden our art collection. While we were at La Jolla, we visited a few restaurants and two of them in particular were just absolutely delightful. "Trattoria Acqua" had the best Italian food ever, no doubt about it. Then there is this place called "Roppongi" that serve what they called "Asian Fusion" and it was just wonderful, they had an outside area with a big fire ring, now, that is an experience that we would never forget. We also went down to the beach to watch the baby seals, that was really priceless. Next time we go, we are going to try hang gliding and kayaking in La Jolla, but I have to lose a few pounds first. I hope you will enjoy La Jolla as much as I did. It's a great place to visit, shop, or just to live... report a problem

You are posting a reply to Southern California Paradise - La Jolla

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions