Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: November 18, 2008 at 1:19PM

If you're interested in food (and who isn't), I'd highly recommend a visit to the San Francisco Farmers Market at Ferry Plaza. Sponsored by CUESA (the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture), the market is located at the foot of Market Street on the waterfront, a stunningly beautiful urban location. The market is open from 8a-2p on Tuesdays and Saturdays and offers the best seasonal certified-organic products that northern California has to offer. For me, the best part of the market is the fact that you can purchase snacks from some of San Francisco's best food purveyors. My favorites include the scumptious crabcakes from Hayes Street Grill, the incredible tamales and chilaquiles from Primavera and the savory sausages from artisanal sausage-maker Bruce Aidells. After surveying the market, you can saunter through the Ferry Building itself and shop at Sur la Table, Acme Bread, Cowgirl Creamery, ScharffenBerger Chocolate, Ciao Bella Gelateria and other fine food shops too numerous to mention. And if you have time, you can sit down and enjoy a fabulous meal overlooking the bay at one of SF's premiere Vietnamese restaurants, the Slanted Door. I've merely scratched the surface describing the treats that await you at the San Francisco Farmers Market. Whether you live in SF or are just visiting, I highly recommend that you visit the market. I guarantee, you WON'T regret it. report a problem

Posted on: May 01, 2009 at 7:12PM

As a San Francisco resident, the Ferry Building is one of my favorite destination in the city. It's awesome.

You are posting a reply to A Foodie's Delight

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions