Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

What to do, where to eat...

By ady1des

Posted on: November 19, 2008 at 7:54PM

So you've booked into you swanky yet eccentric and centrally located hotel....hopefully The W, or the Triton, two of my personal favorites. What to do now? Well, getting around is easy, the city it's self is about 7mi. x 7 mi., so if you are able bodied and up for a few hikes up some hills pretty much everything is walking distance. Otherwise, the buses and BART system are super easy to use, or cabs are hailable pretty much anywhere, I love visiting the Sony Metreon; you've got so many choices under one roof. The cyber bowling (with cocktail served FYI) is super fun. You've got a rockin' sushi bar there as well as a sport bar/restaraunt that serves up mega big screens all around. And for the kiddos they've got the Where The Wild Things Are exibit upstairs, not to mention many other various entertainment choices, such as an arcade, an IMAX theatre, electronic stores and aother dining options. The MOMA San Francisco also shouldn't be missed. They have often wonderful modern art displays as well as a permanent selection of Litchenstien & Andy Warhol pieces. Take a ferry or rent bikes to head over to Sausalito if you can. A gorgeous little beachy spot where you can spend the day with out the rush of city life. Shopping in Upper Haight is as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned. A mish mash of modern boutiques and vintage stores with some amazing restaraunts and bars thrown in. While your there, please please eat at Cha Cha Cha...it is the best restaraunt in the universe, everything on the menu is mouth watering, the Sangria is tops and the cuban-fusion setting is as welcoming as the waitstaff. From Upper Haight walk up through Golden Gate Park, at least make it to the Japenese Gardens with in, it will be well worth the trip. Also take some time to visit Castro District for a friendly, hip setting. There is also the Pier of course, and Giradelli Square and your garanteed to have a fab trip! Happy Traveling! report a problem

Posted on: October 16, 2012 at 3:33AM

here's another great idea: http://www.indiegogo.com/bluecar

You are posting a reply to What to do, where to eat...

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions