Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

SAN FRANCISCO FOR FREE: Add your favorite tip

By Guest

Posted on: November 24, 2008 at 7:45PM

When the economy's in crisis (and even when it's not) everyone loves a freebie. Whether you're a resident or a visitor, we want to hear about your favorite ways to spend a little--or better yet, nothing--and get a lot out of San Francisco. --The Concierge.com Editors report a problem

Posted on: October 16, 2012 at 3:18AM

check this out: http://www.indiegogo.com/bluecar

Posted on: August 28, 2009 at 1:00PM

Best Free experience in SF? Start at Fort Point under the golden gate bridge and walk the beachfront in the presidio towards the Marina ending your journey at the lake in front of the Palace of Fine Arts. On a clear day youll get stunning views of the Bay, the Bridge and the city itself as it slowly unveils itself as you walk eastward around past torpedo wharf

Posted on: August 26, 2009 at 11:41PM

I lived in SF after college and now I visit 2-3 times a year. One of my favorite things to do is to hang out in a park and people watch. There are so many parks - check out any map. Rollerblading in Golden Gate Park is fun... walking the labyrinth at Grace Cathedral on Nob Hill and then eating a snack/soaking up the sun afterward in the park is relaxing... It's all good & free!

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 6:10PM

The best freebie in the Bay Area is to go to the summit of Mt. Tamalpais in Mount Tamalpais State Park, just north of The Golden Gate Bridge. When it's clear, you can see the panorama of the Bay Area from Alcatraz, Angel Island, the entire San Francisco skyline, including The Marina District and Fisherman's Wharf, and almost all the way to San Jose. Then at 3 P.M. almost every day, you can watch the FOG roll in the Golden Gate, and totally engulf the Bay and the City ! AWESOME !

Posted on: May 01, 2009 at 7:05PM

there is a great local travel website, LocalGetaways.com that has insider tips on where to go for free and low cost, for example which days the museums have discount tickets. The site also has great deal on luxury hotel rooms in San Francisco and better out in Napa Valley, my favorite place! There is a new book, Frommer's Free & Dirt Cheap, that has some great tips in it.

You are posting a reply to SAN FRANCISCO FOR FREE: Add your favorite tip

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions