Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Great online map of San Miguel

By barabaroja

Posted on: September 20, 2008 at 10:42AM

The is an online map of San Miguel de Allende that includes the locations of almost every business in the center of town. You can also search for street names, colonias etc. This comes in very handy when looking for a hotal or rental. Many rentals say they are within 'walking distance' of the Jardin, but how do they know how far you can walkk?!! Using SMAmap you can find out exactly where the place is. To get to SMAmap just search for SMAmap on Google. report a problem

Posted on: November 10, 2008 at 12:01AM

Certainly the Centro Historic, Artesans Market, Juarez Parque, Botanica, and mercados. But SMA is a town of neighborhoods, and one can spend a day wandering San Antonio, Guadiana, Santa Julia and some of the outlying colonias. Bus out and start walking back from whatever distance feels comfortable to you. The Parroquia dominates the town, and so long as you keep pointing yourself in its direction you can't get lost. If you have the time, plan a day trip to Pozos (a virtual ghost town abandoned when the silver mines were flooded). Another day can be spent in Guanajuato, and Antontonilco (part of the World Heritage site) and Dolores Hidalgo can be seen together in a single day. You'll need a guide. Dali Amaro (aldhali@hotmail.com) is fantastic. He can also handle your transfers if you fly. Give yourself ten days to two weeks if this is a first trip. There's no shortage of good walking and great eateries to drop into and watch the world go by. Dali also pointed us to a very reasonable day of horseback riding outside of town. It was spectacular (canyons galore) with a real campo commida back at the ranch (mucho rustica). Enjoy. My wife and I purchased a house there eight years ago and can barely stay away. We split our time between the US and there and rent our place when we're gone.

Posted on: October 06, 2008 at 10:15PM

I am interested in going to San Miguel de Allende. What are the must see places in this town. I like to explore more the local places tha the touristy.

You are posting a reply to Great online map of San Miguel

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions