I recently stayed at this hotel for 10 nights!. Half way through my stay I did start to regret my stay a little.
My issues were; THE CONS
1. Although the room provided was nice and clean, it did feel very outdated. The whole room felt as though it needed updating. There were cracked floor tiles on the bathroon floor, the bed had a sink in it, which was not comfortable in the night, the windows did not close properly, which allowed a draft in, the bedding felt seconf hand and the towels provided by the hotel felt old and had a funny smell to them.
2. I was a little disapointed that the hotel did not officer any complimentary water and/or newspaper. I've stayed in other 4 star hotels before, and even they have provided this service.
3. We felt that some staff were un-approachable. No good mornings or acknowledgement by some staff. This was very disappointing.
4. During the stay, we asked for the telephone in our room to be fixed whilst we went out for dinner. Sadly this had not been done, and as a result, we needed to re-report this again on two occasions.
1. Free Parking
2. Good Location - Hotel is based in the West End which has some nice restaurants and is close to Edinburgh Castle/Princess Street.
Generally we got the impression that SOME staff members needed more training in guest awareness/orientation etc.
It was only after a week into our stay that we were advised that there was wifi in the building and that it was free, however this could only be used downstairs in the foyer.
In my opinion, we felt the hotel was not that suitable for the younger couple market, but more tailored towards the older couple and business clientel.
Overall: THE VERDICT
10 days is a long time in a hotel, but the above became more and more a factor each day. I don't think I will be returning to this particular hotel again, which is a shame as it could have been much more.
The above is purely based on our experience, however I would suggest reading more reviews if you consider to stay at The Bonham, Edinbugh.