Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Do you want the experience of your life ..... yes please... i'll take it :)

By Jack356

Posted on: April 06, 2012 at 1:40PM

i initially set out to china in an attempt to tour around by myself with a very basic level of mandarin and the lonely planet traveller issue at hand. i ran into problems straight away and i can't say being stuck in a random crowded city in china for a whole week was the best of experiences unable to communicate with well, anyone. i was recommended the dragon trip by a friend and it really changed my china tour around. in 25 days i did not think it possible to span such a vast distance and to see all the sites i planned to and more. the trip provided flexibility when needed and the staff were happy to accommodate to my specific interests which differed from the group when i wanted to visit nanjing (which was not on the itinerary). Travelling with a group of fellow travellers opened up many doors such as nights out and other things i would have been reluctant to do on my own, and i made some really good friends. i just want to say a big thank you to the dragon trip for making my china experience a great one. i would just like to add some advise which i wish i had before i embarked on my journey. if you are planning on travelling around china on your own please be aware that you will need to speak chinese at a decent level. shanghai is one of the very few places where you will find english speakers pretty much everywhere. i found in most places we visited 1 out of 100 could speak english (to a very basic level) other stuff: the bunjee jumping activity i thought was too expensive. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Do you want the experience of your life ..... yes please... i'll take it :)

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions