Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

A Foodie's paradise

By SLUSHER1

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 7:35PM

When I visited Singapore, it was my first trip to Asia and I was honestly a bit disappointed how much it seemed more Disney resort than real Asia. Yes, most people speak English. It's relatively clean, wealthy and safe compared to many places in the region. Restaurant and food stall regulations make it a pretty safe place to eat even street food. Because of all that, and because it's a crossroads of trade in the region, you can find cuisines from many countries all in one place. Native Singapore specialties include Chili Crabs (messy and good), and Chicken Rice (seasoned poached chicken served with rice, cilantro and a chili sauce). Expect to find great Chinese, Indian, Malay, Indonesian, even Australian/British restaurants. Look for exotic fruits and desserts, too. The weather makes eating outdoors possible when rain doesn't get in the way. I tried my first taste of chrysanthemum tea from a vending machine while hot and thirsty during a tour of the botanical gardens. Keep your eyes open. If you like culinary adventure, you can hardly pick a better place than Singapore. report a problem

Posted on: August 20, 2012 at 2:58AM

Agreed! Singapore is indeed a foodie paradise. I think you initially had that very stereotypical view of how an asian city looks like... things have changed a lot, bangkok was probably closest to that but even that city has become super modern recently. for foodie lovers coming to singapore, check out this collection of must try singapore dishes when you're on our island! http://www.thesmartlocal.com/read/top-7-must-try-food-in-singapore

You are posting a reply to A Foodie's paradise

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions