Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Perfect vacation in Cape Town

By Guest

Posted on: October 04, 2008 at 9:44AM

To me, Cape Town is the most beautiful city in the world. I go there regularly and just love the vibe of this city that is like a mix of Africa, Europe, Asia and California. The quality of life there is outstanding and I discover something new every time I go there. This year, I spent two weeks over New Years Eve and a few days in May. Next week, I´m going again for three weeks and can´t wait to get there. In January, I discovered a brand new, luxurious self catering apartment in "The Glen" in Camps Bay (www.capetown-dreamvacation.com) that is just the perfect mix of 5 star luxury and individual vacation almost like in your own apartment. Only a few steps from Camps Bay Promenade, Camps Bay Beach and the Clifton Beaches yet absolutely quiet right next to a nature Reserve. Here are some of my favourite things to do in Cape Town: Breakfast at Manna Epicure on Kloof Street On Sunday evening a Sundowner at "La Med" between Camps Bay and Clifton On Friday evening a sunset picnic at Clifton´s 4th Beach Abseiling from the Top of Table Mountain Dinner at "Paranga" in Camps Bay (best sunset view from Table 37) Seafood at Summerville Restaurant in Camps Bay A day trip into the winelands (best picnic at the Boschendal Estate outside Stellenbosch) Sunrise on top of lions head Full moon on top of lions head shopping on Kloof Street rent a jaguar E-Type for a drive along Chapmans Peak Drive (www.motorclassic.co.za) a trip to Kalk Bay (breakfast at Olympia Cafe, then shopping) Shopping at Cavendish Square in Claremont Neighbourhood Market in the old bisquit mill in Woodstock, every saturday from 9 - 2 o´clock And please don´t worry too much about safety in Cape Town - if you stick to a few easy rules, you will be perfectly allright. I have been all over this city many times now and never had one single bad experience. report a problem

Posted on: March 26, 2010 at 11:46AM

Would be interested in hearing more restaurant recommendations from you, as I am heading there in a week. Also would like to know how easy it is to get to Cape of Good Hope and if you have been to Paarl. Thanks.

Posted on: August 20, 2009 at 8:09PM

What more is there to say. The city may not be perfect, but it is as close to perfection as is possible on this planet

You are posting a reply to Perfect vacation in Cape Town

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions