Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: October 04, 2008 at 7:46PM

My wife and I were part of a Safari sponsored by the Sierra Club that started in S. Africa and passed on to Botswana and Zambia. The Safari was guided by "Letaka Safaris" of Maun, Botswana. The guides Brent and Richard were exceptional (my wife has been on Safari three times before so she says she knows!). We saw all the major animals except for the cheetah up close. Wild dogs, lions, an African wildcat and leopards were viewed several times in the shadow of the vehicle. Elephants, kudo, giraffe, zebra, hippos, crocks and many more creatures were viewed at less than 30 feet from the vehicle or our tables. We even had elephants in camp drinking out of the shower buckets. We stayed in tents at three different campsites, two in National Forests. All the food was cooked over a gathered wood fire including fresh bread every morning. Meals were five star. Amarula (from the exotic Marula fruit) and S. African wines were perfect compliments to the food. Tea or coffee mid-morning was perfect and sundowner drinks at the end of the afternoons game drive topped off a perfect day. The climate is very much like Salt Lake City where we live. Hot in day with low humidity and cool at night. No electric, cell phones or running water and virtually no flies or pests. The vehicles were comfortable and provided electric to charge camera batteries. Head lamps provided light before and after dark. I am ready to go again! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Safari

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions