Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Ugnem

Posted on: January 30, 2011 at 6:17AM

If you're driving back from Kruger to Johannesburg - take one day for Panorama Route. It is a net of waterfalls (some up to 90 meters or so), panorama look outs and views. It is really one of the most beautiful places in the world I've been. Start as early as you can. I think the first waterfall opens at 8 a.m. and all the sites close at 5 p.m. You'll be doing so climbing up to the falls, if you want to see all of them. Also sometimes there are walkways at the panorama sites like God's Window. So take good shoes. There is a possibility to swim in Mac Mac falls pool tides, there is a picnic site too. Also the panorama route itself is located in Blyde river canyon national park which is hills and valleys - so you'll be driving with your eyes round from all the beauty around you. It's South African nature at it's best. All the sites are pretty cheap - usually a couple of rands. If you want to do the whole Panorama Route - that's what it includes: Horseshoe falls (pretty bad dirt road from the man road), Lone Creek falls (requires short walk uphill), Bridal Veil falls (will have to hike up to the waterfall), Maria Shires falls, Mac Mac falls (a short walk on the boardwalk, you'll see the falls from above), Lisbon and Berlin falls (both are close to the parking). Panorama spots: Pinnacle, God's Window and Wonder View, Three Rondavels, Bourke's luck Potholes (carved in rocks by the river). report a problem

You are posting a reply to Panorama Route

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions