Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: May 07, 2010 at 3:13AM

If you are driving from Granada to Ronda you need to get onto the highway A92 direction Malaga, Seville and the Granada airport. As you head out of town on your right are some small mountains, the Sierra Elvira. They are curently excavating a huge archiological site there at Medina Elvira. You will soon come to the town Santa Fe. Although is looks rather unpleasant it is the town where Christopher Columbus came to ask Queen Isobelle for money and permission to sail to the Americas. As you travel further on you will pass Huetor Taja, famous for it's delicious asparagus! grandadchef.com makes a delicious asparagus soup at this time of year including some spinach and a little cream. yum! Soon after you will come to the town of Loja. Famous for it's paragliding site and also some good rock climbing areas. I'm sure it has many other interesting things but I don't know about them. After Loja you will pass Riofrio famous for it's trout. granadachef.com prefers the smoked trout. Try slicing some cucumber rounds then spreading with philadelphia and topping with flaked smoked trout, fresh dill, cracked pepper and lemon infused olive oil. The next place of foodie note that you will pass is Archidona. Here at the Blanca Serrana farm they produce an amazing soft goats cheese rolled in mountain herbs. The milk comes from endangerd Andalucian goats. You can also rock climb near here in bad weather in the cave. Make sure you follow the Seville road and don't head off down towards Malaga. Antequerra is a nice town. Up in the mountains outside the town is El Torcal. Amazing rock formations are to be seen and also beautiful views down to the sea. Near here it's also possible to visit the Wolf Park. They have various types of wolf from different parts of the word and you can also see them feeding the wolves large pieces of goat at feeding time. They do horse riding here too I think. After Antequerra take the exit off the A92 for Campillos and Ronda. You will pass some lagoons and if you are lucky will get to see the flamingos. A little further north is Fuente De Piedra which has one of the two largest colonies in Europe of flamingos. You make also see here the long legged avocet, black winged stilt, yellow wagtail, white wagtail, stonechat, mallard, coot and cooties in the spring, swallows, gulls, moorehen. Afetr Campillos follow the signs towards Ronda. At Teba there is a paragliding take off. You will pass through beautiful rolling country side with long green grass in the spring. It looks like you are about to drive streight into the windows xp desktop photo. It's isn't much further to Ronda. Outside Ronda it is possible to visit the Bodega Chinchilla which produces high quality wines using a very selective process of choosing the best grapes to use then later on it's put into French oak barrels. You must book for a tour in advanvce. If you take the Ronda la Vieja road you will come across the sign for the winery. So you should have now arrived in Ronda. Have a great day following the granadachef.com recommendations. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Granada - Ronda

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions