Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Ugnem

Posted on: October 07, 2010 at 3:28PM

Barcelona may be cheap place or not - depends on you. If you are on the budget - if you decide to go to restaurant - carefully read the menu. For ex: Paella is always served for at least 2 people, so check out if the price on the menu is per serving or for the whole plate for 2 people, if you miss this, you may end up paying twice the price you intended. Drink Sangria instead of wine - it's cheaper, tasty and comes in bigger amounts than wine. Beware that at most places they charge for bread and include gratuidity although as a rule the service sucks as your local server doesn't speak english. If you really wanna safe...just skip the restaurants...go to the supermarkets, buy your own tapas - you can find olives, artichokes under 1 euro, delicious hams and cheese under 3 euros for the big piece and buy a fresh still warm baguette in boulangerie (bread shop). Good wine is 2-5 euros a bottle. Yes!! You don't need to pay 15 euros to get a bottle of good wine. Then find a panoramic place or go to the beach and have your own tapa feast! By the way, we found that most part of the tapa bars in the old town (bario gotico and born area) looked greasy, dusty and therefore unattractive, makes you wanna come in and clean the place before eating or sitting down. But I guess it's catalonian thing cos the locals also kinda look that way. But...if you walk around you will find a couple nice, cozy and clean looking tapa bars. Good way to safe money is to walk. The city is not that big and you'll find that you can walk everywhere, even to Gaudi Park, Montjuic or Sagrada Familia. It will take you 30min - 1 hour at the most. Don't buy the articket. It's the one that costs 22 euros and lets you in 7 art museums (Pedrera, Miro's, MNAC, CCCB MACBA, Antonio Tapies and Picasso) - you probably won't have time for all of them and some of them is not worth a visit, so really first think about time and read about the museums before buying it. Also, most of these museums have free entrances on some special dates - like first Sunday of the month/last Saturday and etc. All info on that is on the museums' websites. report a problem

Posted on: September 01, 2011 at 8:57AM

and to spend less money you also need to rent an apartment instead of booking a hotel! if you go with a lot of friends you can share the rent and your holiday will be much more fun! i rented with barcelona-home.com with 6 other friends and we had the time of our life in barcelona!

You are posting a reply to Some tips

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions