Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Has Anyone Taken the Overnight Train from Moscow to St. Petersburg

By Guest

Posted on: April 21, 2009 at 11:13AM

My husband and I are interested in taking the train from Moscow to St. Petersburg this summer, not only too avoid flying on Aeroflot and saving the cost of one night in a hotel but for a unique 'experience.' I understand there is a Grand Deluxe class, which is a compartment with its own shower etc. Hardly sounds like roughing it. Two questions: Has anyone taken this train, and what was the experience like? And: Why do the prices vary from about $200 to $1000 per person? report a problem

Posted on: August 12, 2009 at 12:49PM

I have taken the overnight train from St. Petersburg to Moscow and then to Kiev Ukraine. Amazing experience I recommend it but keep in mind the cabins are very small and the showers even smaller. But it's fine for one night. It felt very old hollywood. Lots of fun

You are posting a reply to Has Anyone Taken the Overnight Train from Moscow to St. Petersburg

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions