Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Tallinn is nice, but why here are no other Baltic countries - Latvia and Lithuania - must to see to!

By aprilta

Posted on: October 09, 2012 at 11:47AM

Tallin is a very beautiful city, but if you are realy going into this region must visit Latvia and Riga too. My suggestion - find some friends to travel with you, so it will be cheaper and more fun than traveling alone. We came to Vilnius (Lithuania) airport and rented a car - of course we made reservation in this car rent in vilnius "Trurent.lt" via email, it was easy to communicate with the manager in English, he answered all my questions and even gave some advises for our trip, roads and so on. It's good to rent GPS since it's much easier than maps - but it was really useful to have one when traveling just with your foots :) The maps were in the car, no plus worries :) So our travel route was: Vilnius (old city and all kind of sightseeing we found marked as worth to see) -> Duksta (it's realy just like 25 km from Vilnius, it's a national park, there is more information and walkways you can choose, visit the visitors center, they will give you maps, there is a very nice instalation with information) -> Kernave -> Kaunas -> Klaipėda -> Nida (must see) -> Palanga -> Liepaja -> Venspils -> Jurmala -> Riga -> Cesis (Gaujas national park) -> Tahkuranna (EE) -> Parnu -> Sasremaa island -> Tartu (EE) -> Daugavpils (LV) -> Vilnius (LT). We also visited Trakai in Lithuania when we came back to Vilnius. What to see in all those places check on google :) We have seen so much and the expenses (car rent, gasoline...) were optimal since we divided it for 4 persons. The car had much space, also the for all our baggage. I think 5 persons can travel easily. If you wish to visit many places, car rent is the best option - since arranging buses will be difficult. Make a more detailed plan. We had no problems with tress-passing the borders, most of the young people in all countries speaks English. It's worth to travel in Baltic's! report a problem

Posted on: December 03, 2012 at 6:18AM

Thank you aprilta for your post, it was very helpful for me. I traveled in Europe and I am visiting Baltic countries now. I am very happy with my car I got in the company you advised, good quality the price. Just you wrote the name wrong - it's TRUERENT.LT here is their link http://www.truerent.lt/en So at moment I am in Vilnius, it's very nice, on Friday they light up the x-mas tree, the old city is full of little lights and it started to snow, so lightly, and it's just few degree of cold. I will meet some friends and we will visit Riga ad Tallinn, there will be x-mas fair.

You are posting a reply to Tallinn is nice, but why here are no other Baltic countries - Latvia and Lithuania - must to see to!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions