Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Soak up all the island's riches

By Guest

Posted on: August 26, 2009 at 7:17PM

Buy a brightly printed kanga, take it to a tailor and have a traditional East African dress made. The fabric is beautiful; wrap your shoulders with a gorgeous Zanzibar scarf to be beautiful and respectful during Ramadan. Be sure to go on a spice tour and see the country's endemic red colobus monkeys. Tour a mangrove forest. Get lost in Stone Town. Visit the remote beaches in the northern coast of Zanzibar, and have a Tusker or two. Smile and say "shikamoo" (a greeting) to the locals. Wander outside of Stone Town and watch the locals playing a soccer game. Chew on some sugar cane. Go to the night market, and eat your body weight in seafood. Visit Freddy Mercury's birthplace. Learn about the island's historical importance in the slave trade. Most importantly, be patient! Hakuna Mattata is a way of life in Tanzania. The slow pace is a change for many, but embrace it and enjoy your time in this gorgeous island. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Soak up all the island's riches

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions