Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

The New Acropol Hotel - Morogoro - THE BEST!

By Guest

Posted on: August 29, 2011 at 1:32AM

This past summer I spent two months in and around Morogoro, and the New Acropol Hotel was by far, my favorite discovery! I couldn't believe I spent nearly a month without stumbling into the friendly atmosphere, the greatest food in town, and the full bar. Located an easy walk from the mountains and city center, you can do almost anything while staying here. The wonderful hotel owner will help offer suggestions and make arrangements for your free time in Morogoro. Mikumi National Park is an easy 1.5 hour drive from the Hotel, making for a delightful day trip to catch some scenery and wildlife! The kitchen and wait staff are extremely friendly, always working with smiles on their faces. There is plenty of seating outside on the lovely veranda for those looking to enjoy the peaceful view of the mountain or the stars at night. Just inside the front door is an amazingly fun bar area, with lounge seating and historical decor on all the walls- old African pictures, trophies, and large paper mache animals to name a few! Such a fun place to have a drink (or casual dinner) and imagine the stories the decor holds! This is the only place in town I could find to have a proper cocktail! Step into the dining room for a more formal dinner or catered group meal and enjoy the high ceilings and, decorations and African materials. The rooms are in the back, away from the road with another patio for relaxing on. The rooms are very clean with nice western toilet & hot water shower, mosquito nets, A/C, fan, TV with cable, mini-fridge, and desk in case you need to work! (and free wifi around the hotel for customers!) You can also have a massage or pedicure/manicure while staying at the New Acropol Hotel! Although I didn't have time to take advantage of the opportunity myself, I heard great reviews from other customers! The owner really topped the experience. Laughter can be heard throughout the lounge areas and customers are happy as the hotel provides a fun "home away from home" in Morogoro. I will definitely be returning! report a problem

You are posting a reply to The New Acropol Hotel - Morogoro - THE BEST!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions