Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

tuk tuk travel warning

By pauljames

Posted on: August 27, 2009 at 11:39AM

Friends from Japan came to visit us in Chiang Mai, Thailand. On a stop over in Bangkok they hailed a tuk tuk driver to take them to the Royal palace. The driver told them it was closed and he would take them to some other sites and bring them back to the royal palace when it re-opened. He took them to some tourist sites which included jewelery and silk and souvenir shops . These shops give the tuk tuk driver gas coupons for taking tourists to their business. When they were taken back to the royal palace it was closed, although it had not been closed earlier as they had been told. As they were only in Bangkok for the day they missed seeing the palace. report a problem

Posted on: September 08, 2009 at 8:08PM

This type of thing happens in most SE Asian cities, also in India, the Philippines, and even the good old US of A!

You are posting a reply to tuk tuk travel warning

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions