Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

BEST wine bar/salumeria in Siena!

By Guest

Posted on: September 30, 2008 at 8:50PM

This is fom this week- I just got back from Italy. When in Siena, a MUST for "foodies and winies" is Antica Pizzicheria al Palazzo della Chigiana; it's on Via di Citta, the ring road that circles the central "Palio" piazza of Siena. You really Can't miss it if you walk the road around the central square. Antonio (and Massimo) are Delightful people (their English is excellent, and they tolerated my "Bad Italian" with great good grace!); their wines-by-the-glass are Suberb, and best of all, the assortment of made-in-house sausages, hams (wild boar proschitto!), breads, nougat, cheeses, pesto, etc. that come with your glass of wine are truly fabulous. They also have fab stuff to take home- excellent wines and sauces, such as Wild Boar and Pheasant Ragu... I stumbled into it by accident, and then took everyone I knew there, and all had a Grand time. THE best place to spend an evening- and worth going to Siena for! Tip well- they deserve it!!! report a problem

You are posting a reply to BEST wine bar/salumeria in Siena!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions