Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: November 05, 2008 at 4:09PM

I had the priviledge of studying abroad in the Tuscan town of Montepulciano. Pasta is a staple in Italy, and picci is a local favorite. Picci is long like spaghetti, but much thicker. Most pasta was handmade but is harder to find today. However, there is one woman living in Montepulciano who still makes her picci handmade. She is the only woman who preserved the Italian tradition. I ate at her little restaurant and let me tell you, the picci was excellent! It is a little difficult to find this woman's restaurant, but it is worth going out of the way to find it. On the main "strada" (street) that runs through the town. It is marked only by one sign that says "hotel." Inside is this woman's restaurant where most of the locals go, since many tourists do not know it is a restaurant! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Picci

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions